Livingston, New Jersey

We built a Schumacher home in 2009.So far, in 1 year, we have had a boat load of issues...none of them really "major" but with the money we spent, very disappointing.

Related: Why not to use schumacher homes

We have had 2 leaky basement issues, drafty windows, snow coming thru our front and back doors, nails sticking out of the fireplace hearth, a cold closet (in which we believe insulation was most likely skipped), split linoleum in the kitchen. The paint they use in the house is a flat paint.

It shows every little spot and when you try to clean it w/ a washcloth and water, it rubs the paint off.I don't recommend Schumacher to my friends who are also going to build a home nor do I recommend them to anyone else!

Review about: Home.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Schumacher Homes?

Comments

RIP OFF

Schumacher Homes will not complete the construction of my home.They keep telling us that the work will be finished by a certain dates, but it hasn't happened yet.

Some of the work as done very poorly.The give you the run around and do not want to reach anyone in the corporate office.

pissed off
#204595

they are ***.i spent a fortune on my house its been a year no house.

they fight over minor things. house leaks gm was a lieing conman.. everything is wrong. they are bankrupt.

*** and they are part of evil america.thieves and conmen

DISGUSTED WITH SCHUMACHER

They do not pay their trades and will bully the customer into submission armed with their arbitration agreement. Once signed the customer agrees to use their attorney for any and all arbitration. STAY AWAY...

another dissatisfied customer
Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #164206

We built a Schumacher Home in 02 and had major issues with the roof and crooked walls.We had to call them several times after we moved in to hook up the AC because they forgot to.

The toilet leaked in the master bedroom and ruined the vinyl floor and one of the support walls in the living room seperated from the ceiling about an inch and they said that was normal expansion of the walls.I would never recommend them.