2.1K views
2.2
Turnaround Time

If you are thinking about building with Schumacher Homes some things you need to know prior to getting hooked on their model homes. The base price will not include any of the items you see in the models, all of it are upgrades, you will pay top dollar for junk for the so called included items!

We went as far as the design meeting to be told 2 days later that our lot prep would cost nearly $60k, we were given an estimate of $35k to start with. I know for a fact it will only cost a maximum $24k we have had several builders give us quotes throughout our process. They try to excuse it all away by saying that it is just an allowance but we all know that they will find away to eat up every penny in the end. We started out with a base price of $287k and we kept most of the included items which where sub par materials to try to keep the cost down, however everytime we wanted to make an upgrade is was thousands of dollars is upcharge and very little credit give for what the house came with that we were changing.

By the end of the day they sent us a revised quote showing $385k, almost $100k more.....That is when I drew the line. Enough is enough. I would not recommend this builder to anyone. Bunch of greedy uncaring people that I do not care to do business with.

They were told upfront that I had received several lot prep quotes as this was not my first rodeo and for them to come back with almost triple what everyone else quoted is not only a shame just flat out ridiculous. They have out priced this so much I cannot purchase if I wanted to. I was told that a general manager would be contacting me and I never received that call. Beware if you have a lot of money to throw away with nothing to show for it then this is the company to go with, otherwise run as fast as you can away from them.

There are other builders out there that are honest and get will get what you want for your money instead of settling that we will use in the near future. I am sorry I ever stopped in this place it has left a bad taste in my mouth forever.

They are not to be trusted. Bait and switch company.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Schumacher Homes. The most disappointing about schumacher homes house construction at Schumacher Homes was outrageous price they give you for upgrades for junk Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Schumacher Homes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Schumacher Homes to other companies on our site.

Comments

I looked at home prices on their website and put in my zip code and it quoted a base price for a particular elevation of a model. When we met with the rep her base prices were in some cases more than $20,000 more for the same home we got a quote from on their website.

This is clearly a bait and switch and false advertising. I was stunned at the base prices i was quoted when i got to the office and met with their rep.

Also, you want to charge extra for everything even the finish on the doorknobs which I happen to know are the same exact price. I was shocked at the deceptive business practices.

Wow!! This is EXACTLY the same way I felt after dealing with Schumacher.

They are definitely a bait and switch company looking to take advantage of you if you let them.

"A fool & their money are soon parted" sums up dealing with this company. Don't fall for the okie doke.

Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States #1280719

What company did you wind up going with? And what other builders in the Charlotte, NC area do you recommend?