2.2K views
1.1
Turnaround Time

Worst experience of my life. There was no communication throughout the process.

At closing they charged me an additional $15,000 for things that they gave me no notice of before and certainly had no consent for. They made changes to my house design without consulting me. The house was incomplete at move-in, and contained a number of hazardous items. We were told these items will be taken care of within a couple days, but at the very latest would be on the 14 day punchlist.

It has been three weeks, no one has been to work on our house, and these items remain incomplete and dangerous. The builder Stephen George is non-communicative, lazy, and will lie to your face. The house was also two months behind schedule. During construction, there were weeks and months on end where no one would be working on our house.

I have so many complaints I cannot even list them all here. With all the great builders in the Asheville area please do not support this company. You will regret it. I will say that Stacy and the office is fantastic.

But once you sign on with them she is no longer your contact. Here's a couple pics of my "finished" house 3 weeks AFTER move in.

Product or Service Mentioned: Schumacher Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 05, 2017.

Comments

Wilmington is the same if not worse poor management and supervisors,poor Quality materials are being used now on their vinyl homes, if you want to save yourself a headache go to any other builder.

Do you find the problem is more with the trades Schumacher hired for your project or Schumacher itself. I was considering using them (here in the Triangle area - North Carolina) and know several people in the building industry that I would prefer to use as the trades on my project (if that is allowed).

If the trades were the issue I wonder if using my preferred companies would solve that issue.

I am interested in your opinion. I have only gone to an open house and haven't visited the Benson office yet.

to Sharon M #1378241

I've been considering using Schumacher as my builder and spend time asking them questions while visiting their Akron, OH home models. I asked them about using other suppliers or 'trades' providers and they told me 'no, we've finely honed our system to a science and you'll need to work with our system to get the great value we provide."

So sorry for your issues, but unfortunately we understand. We still have issues that we need attention to but we are not getting any satisfaction because we are past the 12 month warranty period.